Tuesday 16 May 2017

Asking for suggestions!

I'm a bit stuck!.. After a workshop at Feltrosa festival I was so enthusiastic about new bas relief technique!
Apart from my first piece which was just a sample I had another go on it and made a kind of  case with a rabbit shape on it. This time I've used my favourite Kap merino, which provides such a smooth surface.




It was not a hard work but when it came to a finishing the problem arose. Apart from bags and cases where this technique could be applied? Even bags and cases are to be of simple shape and plain in colour so that the relief stands out better.
In this case I just added a small ceramic button as a closure:

Any suggestions to what the technique can be used for? Being restricted by colours (or rather by absence of it) and flat shapes I'm a bit lost!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment