Monday 9 October 2017

I'm SO crossed with ETSY!

I am really crossed with some new ETSY policies!
I usually have posted some my things on Pinterest, some of them with the links to my ETSY shop. They were pinned and re-pinned so that if somebody follows the link back to the ETSY shop the item was most probably sold. In this case ETSY's message was something like that: Sorry, the item is not available, see what else the shop has to offer     and showed some items from the shop. Great! It was this way until recently.
But now! If the situation is as above ETSY show the customer the array of similar items from the different shops and nothing from my shop! It means I work hard, make a unique piece, which attracts attention, bring the customer to ETSY  - and all that for a benefit of the other sellers. It's unfair to say the least. But even if to put my feeling aside it's not very fair towards the customer! An example: a customer is coming from Pinterest to my ETSY shop  to see my felted gadget case with floral design, say, poppy. Three features: my shop (i.e. my style), felted, poppy design. If the original piece is sold ETSY show the variety of cases which are NOT from my shop, NOT felted and NONE of them featured poppy! The only thing in common is CASE.
I makes no sense, I hate it! 

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree and share your pain! A lot has changed at Etsy since they got a new CEO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Victoria! I do understand that there is no point in complaining, we need to keep going, just wanted to let off steam :)

      Delete
  2. That's terrible :(
    I agree with Victoria, etsy has changed a lot and none of it is very good at all. Bad business practise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so huge now with new sellers joining every day. It looks like the management doesn't bother about sellers as an individuals. I was very loyal to ETSY for a few years but started to think of moving away
      :(

      Delete
  3. What a stupid change to make! As a customer I would not want to look at other shops if I'd clicked through on a particular link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone understands that! Thank you Lyn!

      Delete