Thursday 18 January 2018

Start of a new year

How do you start a new year? I started with a few wool orders :) ! Have no idea where to put it but hope it will start me going.
The first order has just arrived:
A few large batts from a Bulgarian supplier 
I have two scarves to show, the first I made at workshop December last year and finished last week. Double sided, very delicate, with plenty of hand dyed silks and luxurious fringe. Love it!




 
Another one just finished - some variation of crazywool wraps I made last year: pre-yarn, some merino and silks again. Going to make more of them!                                                                                                                                               
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Buying wool is always a good way to start the year :) The scarves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! Two more orders are on the way :)!

      Delete
  2. Two great scarves - I think they will sell quickly!

    I'm the same when a wool order arrives. It's so lovely but finding space for it is always difficult (probably because I always buy more than I've used up?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scarves, and we all like a wool delivery, or two or three...
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! I've already used some wool from the first order to make another scarf, I am a good girl :)!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the link to EcoHobby Galina, I had not heard of them before but they seem offer so very good value products, the batts and margelin silk especially. Like Lynn I am trying not to buy any more until I have made some space for it but you are making it so hard! :) Beautiful scarves too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been buying from them for a few years and quite happy with it. Just remember the prices shown are without VAT (some 20% extra )

      Delete