Thursday 12 February 2015

Two Coffee Pot Cosies

I've made this one in August last year and was not sure about the shape. So I've asked an advice on    Felting Forum and all comments were very supportive and encouraging (thank you ladies!)


Coffee Pot Cosy - August 2014
Add caption


Then the cosy was sold and I was asked to make another one similar to this. That's why the colours and  images are practiacally the same. I've just change the shape slightly and add a "handle" on the top. Do you think this one is better? Or there is no difference to talk about?


Cafetière Warmer - Feb2015
French press Cosy

With the first one I made three coasters just for fun!






6 comments:

  1. So it must have been fine if you sold it :) I like the top of the new one. It continues the shape of the steam coming off the coffee. I think the coasters are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first one but I think the second one has the edge - I like the addition of the white at the top and the shape of the 'handle' is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyn! I do appreciate your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. Even though I don't "see" you much on the FFS forum I can see you are very productive. I love you coffee cozies and matching coasters and I'm sure you'll sell them all. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in Nada! The second coffee cosy was a commission and has gone happily to the same buyer. Yes I am not very often on FFS forum but do read it regularly. Unfortunately I've not made anything true new or particularly interesting worth showing recently. So far I try to fill the shops so that I have time to work on some new designs. Not yet I'm afraid...

      Delete